On behalf of Dr. Lawrence Jaeger and the medical staff at Advanced Dermatology Associates, are extremely focused on ensuring optimum health is a choice of life for everyone. As the leading Dermatologist provider network in New York City, we strongly encourage both men and women to educate themselves with the proper knowledge and to seek the necessary medical care for decreasing the incidences of cancer. So, we’re putting down the razors for a month here and participating in No-Shave November: 10 Reasons To Participate.
What is No-Shave November?
No-Shave November is a month-long journey during which participants forgo shaving and grooming in order to evoke conversation and raise cancer awareness.It’s become an extremely popular and unique way to grow cancer awareness through non-shaving or growing your hair.
What is the Goal?
The goal of No-Shave November (organization) is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free. Donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives, and aid those fighting the battle.
How Can I Participate?
The rules of No-Shave November are simple: put down your razor for 30 days and donate your monthly hair-maintenance expenses to the cause. Strict dress-code at work? Don’t worry about it! They encourage participation of any kind; grooming and trimming are perfectly acceptable.
NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER: 10 REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
1. No-Shave November is proud to be working with the following organizations in 2016 to achieve their mission. Those Funded Programs are: American Cancer Society, Prevent Cancer Foundation, Fight Colorectal Cancer & St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
2. The least you can do is “Like, Retweet, Snap & More”
Help spread awareness by sharing No-Shave November on social media. Now that you’re rocking that new look, snap it and let the world know that you’re participating in the fun! Every like and every re-tweet grows the No-Shave November community.
3. Anyone Can Participate. Male or Female. Men, Women, Boys & Girls. Even let your furry family members participate.
5. We Are All Allowed to be a Little Lazier This Month – because shaving is a chore. It takes up time that you could use to sleep, shower, eat, or do just about anything else. Most men don’t really care for shaving anyway… so, it’s nice to have a whole month off.
6. Give Your Skin Time to Breathe – Taking a break from shaving gives your skin time to recover. When you grow the hair out, you avoid opening pores to infection. You also aren’t dealing with the bacteria that thrives on razors.
7. Not Shaving Controls Pseudofolliculitis Barbae (PFB), or ingrown hairs under control for at least a month. Folliculitis which commonly occurs in men of color who have coarse, curly facial hair – is a result of hair follicle infections as a result of shaving/razor blades.
8. Stop Shaving & Save the environment – If men skip the five minutes to shave daily, they can save up to 375 gallons of water in the month of November. If women skip those five minutes to shave their legs every other day, then they can save about 188 gallons of water in just four weeks.
9. Reap the Benefits. Beards can actually reduce allergic reactions because it acts as a barrier for allergen particles. Beards can also keep your skin moisturized, help battle colds, limit the risk of infections, and can act as a natural sunblock.
10. Do you really need another reason for not shaving? Let that facial, arm or leg hair grow a little. Flaunt a beard or refrain from shaving for a month and become part of a “doing good campaign”.