Youth-restoring Dermatological treatments used to be all about the face and hands, but that’s a thing of the past. Now, you can improve body parts once previously ignored by the anti-aging industry. In addition to your face, hands and feet, do you know there are others areas where Dermatological Treatment can help restore your youth and vitality? We’ve listed “Three areas to restore youth and vitality outside of the normal areas – frown lines, earlobes, hair loss & balding.”
“Three areas to restore youth & vitality outside of the normal areas – frown lines, earlobes, triceps, hair loss.”
- Split & Torn Earlobes:
- The Causes – The causes can vary depending on the case. Torn or split earlobes can happen as the result of continuous wearing of heavy earrings or can be a result of unfortunate accidents or incidents. More often earlobes get torn out as a result of pulling the earring with excessive force – ripping out of the earring.
As if you needed any video, but when it happens to Beyonce “Rips Ear”, the Queen Bey – The singer was performing for fans at her Tidal X: 1015 performance at the Barclays Center in New York on Saturday night, when one of her earrings (in her outfit, above) appeared to get accidentally torn from her ear, causing some bleeding. That’s proof enough that it can happen to the rest of us.
Nickel allergy is another one of the most common causes of allergic contact dermatitis — an itchy rash that appears when your skin touches a usually harmless substance. This allergy is commonly associated with earrings and other jewelry used for body piercings and can be found in many everyday items, such as coins, necklace clasps, watchbands and eyeglass frames.
Treatment & Remedy: Splits in the ear can be sewn up quickly. It’s also recommended that ears aren’t re-pierced near the scar; or that you wait at least six months before doing piercing again.
- Wrinkly Earlobes:
- ‘We often treat wrinkly earlobes as part of the cosmetic face lift,’ says Dr. Lawrence Jaeger. ‘An earlobe reduction can also be done as an individual procedure under local anesthetic. We make an incision where the ear meets the cheek, remove a bit of excess skin and tighten the area.’ Lawrence Jaeger, Advanced Dermatology Associates.
Treatment & Remedy: Speak with your dermatologist regarding laser skin rejuvenation. Laser treatments heat up the underlying skin, forcing collagen production to increase and tighten the skin’s supporting fibers, according to New York’s Advanced Dermatology Associates & Lawrence Jaeger, MD.
Several sessions may be required before results are noticeable; however, once they are obtained, the results are long-lasting.
- Saggy Triceps:
- The Causes – From our early 20’s, the collagen levels diminish throughout the body and we lose skin elasticity. Triceps are aged further as they are often exposed to sun. UV rays cause skin sagging, aging or sun spots.
Another cause of sagging, especially under your arms, is excess weight gain or rapid weight loss. Surgery is an option; however loose, saggy skin can be treated with the help of your dermatologist.
- Frown Lines & Hair Loss:
- The Causes – Frown line don’t happen by chance, but they are a result of aging. As of such, your entire appearance can change when you gain frown lines. Frown lines, appear as the skin on your forehead loses its collagen and elastin over time, which reduces it tautness and smoothness.
Regarding balding or hair loss, there are a variety of conditions that can result in the temporary or permanent loss. Some of those conditions can range from aging and medical (local infections ie fungal or syphilis) or allergic reactions to elements & metals
- Nutrient Deficiency: deficiencies in nutrients that negatively affect the hair on your scalp can also lead to sparse or receding hair loss.
- Aging: As you get older, your hair generally gets thinner and drier and hair loss gets more common.
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema): a medical condition that might lead to thin eyebrows and affects about 20% of people in their lives. It’s an inflammation of the skin that creates itchy, red and swollen skin. Common among younger children.
- Alopecia Areata: also called spot baldness; Is an autoimmune disease in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body. Appears on the scalp first; as a noticeable bald spot.
Treatment & Remedy: One form type of treatment could be Botox or collagen injections in the area. Consider taking vitamins and supplements that include Biotin – Also known as vitamin H, biotin is one of the B complex vitamins that help the body convert food into energy.
- For hair loss and treatments – PRP for Hair Restoration and applying a topical solution (drops) on the scalp – i.e. “ADA-5” Topical Solution, which is exclusively distributed through Advanced Dermatology Associates.
- Other non-surgical options available, try seeking out creams that contain ingredients such as collagen– and elastin-boosting retinol or vitamin C ester, skin-hydrating hyaluronic acid, the antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid and SPF protection.
Restoring youth and vitality definitely requires implementing good resources – i.e. nutrition/diet, exercise & fitness, and even good sleeping/rest patterns… but with a little help from your Dermatologist, you can be on your way to experiencing a younger and more vibrant state of living – by boosting other areas of body other than your face, hands & feet. Schedule an appointment with your local board certified dermatologists to explore all the facts related to your specific health need.
As with any of your normal procedures, you should discuss your work-up and care with a designated physician, like New York’s “leading dermatology group” – Advanced Dermatology Associates and Lawrence Jaeger, MD – in Manhattan (Central Park South/Columbus Circle) and the Bronx.